Deep Thoughts...
Here are some pics from the last few days. (highlights- Saajan in his new car seat, Sej and Saaj sleeping, friends Meera and Jason visiting and Saajan wearing this sweet blue outfit. Also, wearing a cool bib while Sejal's mom does a "6 day ceremony."
As you can imagine, taking care of Saajan is like dating a young girl, very high maintenance. (I can think of 5 of you right now who may be reading this and know what I'm talking about). Even though its as simple as my friend Zaidi puts it- Feed, Burp, Change, Repeat.... until Saajan gets on a schedule (which apparently we are supposed to help him with) we (read : Sejal) are at his mercy.
I know I'm not saying anything not already known to most of you but for the uneducated gentlemen reading this, it really sucks for the mother. Not only does the mother have to gain 25-40 something pounds (is this really a bad thing? I did it just fine between High School and Sophomore year of college), experience back pains, lack of sleep, and the gift of actual childbirth, even after the baby is born, she still has to be a 100% involved.
Sejal basically has to wake up every 2-3 hours to feed or pump (if you don't know what this means, I can't help ya) so she gets no REM sleep whatsoever until Saajan sleeps through the night. I, allegedly, was snoring like a champ last night though there is no proof of this actually taking place. I could go on about this now but I'm tired (and lazy) so I'll post about it later.
Anyway, couple of random thoughts. (Just to not infringe on any copyrights- this reoccurring blog feature will be called- "Randomness Undefined.")
1. It only took me one (epic) post to realize this blogging thing is no joke. To be relevant, it has to be recent and to be recent means I need to take time out of my busy schedule (of snoring) to come up with posts that I would want to read later. If other people want to read it, thats gravy but, as I said in my original email, Sej and I thought this would be a good place to post photos and record thoughts for at least us to enjoy. To all those folks whose blogs I followed then got upset at you for not updated (Samar, Anar, Akhil, etc.), I am beginning to understand.
2. What the hell was that crappy game yesterday? For all you Kobe/Lakers lovers, he is a phenomenal player but no teammate would want to play hard for a punk like that. He whines and complains and yells at everybody no matter what the situation. Don't even get me started on Sasha V. who had a defining moment in "The Comeback Game" when Ray Allen drove by him for an uncontested layup to basically clinch that game and all Sasha could do was throw up his hands like it was his teammates fault.
3. The (L)Astros are pathetic. Before all this stuff went down the last few weeks, I had planned on attending one or two of these Astros @ Baltimore games that were yesterday , today and tomorrow. I figured Sejal could come too and if she goes into labor at Camden Yards, we are only an hour away from the hospital and looking back at it, whats the worst that would have happened, She couldn't blow dry her hair? Needless to say, neither of us will make it to Bmore- but Stros are in DC July 11-13 so all systems are go for that series.
Anyway, since and including the game my dad attended, the Astros are like 4 and 17. Are you kidding me? A future blog topic will include what teams I am raising Saajan to root for but before I finalize that, I need to get a legal ruling on whether being a Houston fan in any of the 3 sports at this point is "cruel and unusual punishment."
4. To answer an email I got from Nitesh recently and from others over the past few months about name choices, below is a list of names that I threw out there as possibilities followed by Sejal's reaction-
Me: Hakeem (I liked the root name, Akeem, as well since it reminded me of Phi Slamma Jama and this awesome movie)
Sej: Why do you love him so much? What did he ever do for you?
Me: Are you serious? Please don't tell me Clutch City (in which Neil, Ro, Shayan and I have a cameo) and Double Clutch aren't your two favorite movies ever!
Me: Vince
Sej: Uh, did you not see this on Deadspin.
Me: Good point.
Me: Puma (love the name)
Sej: Like the shoe?
Me: Never mind.

Me: Major
Sej (doing a Mack Brown impersonation): I like Chris better.
Me: NOOOOO!
Me: Mario
Sej: I'd take Reggie and Vince before that.
Me: I bet you in a year, Mario will be better.
Me: KD
Sej: Thats it, KD?
Me: Ashish
Sej: (Hard glare like she wants to punch me in the face)

Thats all for now folks. Check back sometime Friday for a special (for me at least) post.
As you can imagine, taking care of Saajan is like dating a young girl, very high maintenance. (I can think of 5 of you right now who may be reading this and know what I'm talking about). Even though its as simple as my friend Zaidi puts it- Feed, Burp, Change, Repeat.... until Saajan gets on a schedule (which apparently we are supposed to help him with) we (read : Sejal) are at his mercy.
I know I'm not saying anything not already known to most of you but for the uneducated gentlemen reading this, it really sucks for the mother. Not only does the mother have to gain 25-40 something pounds (is this really a bad thing? I did it just fine between High School and Sophomore year of college), experience back pains, lack of sleep, and the gift of actual childbirth, even after the baby is born, she still has to be a 100% involved.
Sejal basically has to wake up every 2-3 hours to feed or pump (if you don't know what this means, I can't help ya) so she gets no REM sleep whatsoever until Saajan sleeps through the night. I, allegedly, was snoring like a champ last night though there is no proof of this actually taking place. I could go on about this now but I'm tired (and lazy) so I'll post about it later.
Anyway, couple of random thoughts. (Just to not infringe on any copyrights- this reoccurring blog feature will be called- "Randomness Undefined.")
1. It only took me one (epic) post to realize this blogging thing is no joke. To be relevant, it has to be recent and to be recent means I need to take time out of my busy schedule (of snoring) to come up with posts that I would want to read later. If other people want to read it, thats gravy but, as I said in my original email, Sej and I thought this would be a good place to post photos and record thoughts for at least us to enjoy. To all those folks whose blogs I followed then got upset at you for not updated (Samar, Anar, Akhil, etc.), I am beginning to understand.
2. What the hell was that crappy game yesterday? For all you Kobe/Lakers lovers, he is a phenomenal player but no teammate would want to play hard for a punk like that. He whines and complains and yells at everybody no matter what the situation. Don't even get me started on Sasha V. who had a defining moment in "The Comeback Game" when Ray Allen drove by him for an uncontested layup to basically clinch that game and all Sasha could do was throw up his hands like it was his teammates fault.
3. The (L)Astros are pathetic. Before all this stuff went down the last few weeks, I had planned on attending one or two of these Astros @ Baltimore games that were yesterday , today and tomorrow. I figured Sejal could come too and if she goes into labor at Camden Yards, we are only an hour away from the hospital and looking back at it, whats the worst that would have happened, She couldn't blow dry her hair? Needless to say, neither of us will make it to Bmore- but Stros are in DC July 11-13 so all systems are go for that series.
Anyway, since and including the game my dad attended, the Astros are like 4 and 17. Are you kidding me? A future blog topic will include what teams I am raising Saajan to root for but before I finalize that, I need to get a legal ruling on whether being a Houston fan in any of the 3 sports at this point is "cruel and unusual punishment."
4. To answer an email I got from Nitesh recently and from others over the past few months about name choices, below is a list of names that I threw out there as possibilities followed by Sejal's reaction-
Me: Hakeem (I liked the root name, Akeem, as well since it reminded me of Phi Slamma Jama and this awesome movie)
Sej: Why do you love him so much? What did he ever do for you?
Me: Are you serious? Please don't tell me Clutch City (in which Neil, Ro, Shayan and I have a cameo) and Double Clutch aren't your two favorite movies ever!
Me: Vince
Sej: Uh, did you not see this on Deadspin.
Me: Good point.
Me: Puma (love the name)
Sej: Like the shoe?
Me: Never mind.

Me: Major
Sej (doing a Mack Brown impersonation): I like Chris better.
Me: NOOOOO!
Me: Mario
Sej: I'd take Reggie and Vince before that.
Me: I bet you in a year, Mario will be better.
Me: KD
Sej: Thats it, KD?
Me: Ashish
Sej: (Hard glare like she wants to punch me in the face)
Thats all for now folks. Check back sometime Friday for a special (for me at least) post.

1 Comments:
It should have been Hakeem the greatest warrior of our time. I liked ACJ to.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home