Monday, June 30, 2008

More Saajan!



For those that don’t know me, if this past week has proven anything, its proven that I am a total slacker (this will probably be a common theme on this site). I knew keeping this blog up to date would be hard, just didn’t think I would be this weak(sauce) right from the start and not have updated it for so long.


I guess the first few posts came naturally. I knew people would ask questions about the birth, and since I had a few decent stories to tell about it, the running diary made sense. (btw, #1 question from Indian aunties and uncles- “was it a natural birth?” What the heck is that supposed to mean? I mean I know what they are asking but is any birth really unnatural?) And, obviously, since I had this forum, as I mentioned in my last post, speaking initially about my dad was something I definitely wanted to do.


Well here we are not yet three weeks since Saajan was born and this is my fourth post. I must say that the feedback some of you provided has been interesting. Though only one person has actually commented on the site (Thanks DC Bhatts!), a lot of you have emailed to either say you enjoy the writing, or to complain about its length. Fair enough, from heretofore, I’ll post what the people want: Shorter postings (less soliloquies) and most importantly, MORE PICTURES OF SAAJAN. I get it, he is the star attraction as he should be.


So here are some more pics which includes recent visitors and pictures of Saajan just hanging out and living the dream.




Also want to give a big shout out and Chokshi welcome to Saavan Vohra who was born a little over a week ago. Read all about him and check out his cute pictures here. Saajan and Saavan are going to be stealing a lot of little Arlington girls hearts pretty soon.


I will post some more pics tomorrow. For those that care, I do have a few blog postings in mind for the near future. They include:

· 2 weeks in; Am I already a deadbeat dad?”

· “Other Fathers to Emulate: Earl Woods or Richard Williams?”

· “A day in the life of Saajan- can it get any better than this?”

· “Saajan’s take on UIP (Urinating In Public)”

· “Best prospects for a huge guaranteed contract with the least amount of effort- Left handed middle reliever or switch hitting DH?”

· “Utlu in the City” (a regular look into the life of our good friend Akhil as he takes on the Big Apple)


I promise, most of the above topics will be addressed in some way. Stay tuned.


Anyway, I need to go take 30 mins to change a diaper (it takes Sejal about 2 but I think I do a much better job).


Before I go, wanted to highlight the links to the right. Check them out when you get a chance.


Rohan Parikh- Site dedicated to pictures/stories about Samir and Niketa’s 2 year old son, one of our first close friends to go down this path of having children (and setting up a blog).


Aryana Bhatt- Daughter of the famed DC Bhatts, born last November. Will quickly be a close friend of Saajan’s since they will soon share the same nanny.


Deven Patel- Born this past April to our good friends Minesh and Sheetal in Houston. There is a poll on the site, for the sake of the child, vote Sheetal! (that was for you Himesh)


The Baby Vohra- The newest addition to Saajan’s ever growing friend base. As I mentioned, Saavan (THE Baby Vohra) was born last week to Anuj and Neha. Can’t wait to get the two together.


Randomness Defined- Akhil’s blog with interesting takes on everything from airplane seating, cubicles and Indian buffets.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, don't cave to the uneducated masses. True blog awesomeness requires lengthy text and no pictures. Fight the power!

July 2, 2008 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Baby Bhatt said...

Breaking the hearts of little Arlington girls, huh? I'm sure this MUST exclude little Aryana Bhatt!

July 7, 2008 at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home